You will be invigilated throughout the test by ProctorU (https://www.proctoru.com/). ProctorU is a live online service that allows you to take your exam from the comfort of your home. ProctorU is available 24/7, however, you will need to book your session at least 5 days in advance.
Creating a ProctorU account
Follow these steps before you take your test, to make sure your test runs smoothly.
Step 1: Check your computer is set up for ProctorU
To use ProctorU, you will need a high-speed internet connection, a webcam (internal or external), a headset and microphone, and the latest ProctorU extension installed to your Google Chrome browser.
Please read this article for help installing the ProctorU extension to Chrome: https://help.intostudy.com/support/solutions/articles/26000013375
Next, ProctorU recommends that you visit this site before your exam to check your equipment: https://test-it-out.proctoru.com/
Click on the button that says “connect to a live person” to fully test out your equipment.
Step 2: Register for your test
Your centre will give you two links to book both parts of your exam. Click on these links and book part 1 and part 2 of your test as two separate sessions.
- Book part 1 first and then part 2.
- Choose your correct time zone. Remember that AM means morning (between midnight and midday) and PM is afternoon or evening (after midday until midnight).
You will be prompted to create an account with ProctorU the first time you log in. On the second link you will be able to sign up for the test by logging into your account.
Step 3: Create an account with ProctorU
Creating an account is easy. The link will direct you to https://go.proctoru.com/registrations
**NOTE** If you have been proctored with ProctorU before during another test, you do not need to create a new account. You can add INTO University Partnerships to your existing account.
Step 4: Read the extra important information on the ProctorU website: https://www.proctoru.com/proctoru-live-resource-center
The information on this site, and in the videos below will help you with:
- registering for your exam
- checking your computer settings before the test day
- information about your ID and security check (note that other ID is mentioned but for INTO you must use your passport)
- what you will need to do on the actual day
This video walkthrough will guide test-takers through the ProctorU Live+ startup process so you can be prepared on the day of your exam:
This video outlines what to expect for your ProctorU proctored exam. It includes all the rules and tips to be prepared in advance of test day:
Top tips for Online tests – Internet Connectivity
- As a general rule if you can consistently live stream an HD video on your internet should be OK for online learning.
- Check your internet speed using a tool like www.speedtest.net
- A download/upload speed of >2Mbps should be sufficient, but ideally 5-10Mbps or more.
- Internet connection must be on a private network when taking the test, you cannot use a public connection such as a coffee shop.
- During the test make sure others in your house avoid using internet on any device, especially for video streaming, video conferencing, gaming or other high traffic activities.
- Close all other browsers, tabs & applications on your computer, including VPN.
If internet speed is an issue then:
- Use a wired connection (not WiFi) if possible.
- If not possible make sure you are as close to the router as possible.